How can I book with Virtual Xperience (VX)?
- You can easily book your VR session by using our online reservation booking tool on our booking page.
- Contact us through email.
- You can also call the store and our friendly and helpful staff can get you booked in!
What is virtual reality (VR)? Virtual Reality definition
- Virtual reality (VR) is a computer-generated scenario that simulates experience through senses and perception.
- the computer-generated simulation of a three-dimensional image or environment that can be interacted with in a seemingly real or physical way by a person using special electronic equipment, such as a helmet with a screen inside or gloves fitted with sensors.
What is the HTC Vive?
- The HTC Vive a type of virtual reality technology and is a virtual reality headset developed by HTC and Valve Corporation. The headset uses “room scale” tracking technology, allowing the user to move in 3D space and use motion-tracked handheld controllers to interact with the environment in the arcade.
Is VR for me?
- This new type of entertainment is designed with everyone in mind. Virtual Xperience staff is here to make sure you have a pleasant experience with us.
What is a Virtual Reality Station?
- A Virtual Reality station is a playing area in our arcade equipped with the HTC Vive and a monitor so that your friends can view your virtual reality gaming experience.
- The stations can only be used by one player at a time for virtual reality gaming. You are allowed to share the station but we recommend everyone to use their own individual station to get the full virtual reality experience!
How many people can participate?
- Our arcade features 6 virtual reality stations, a 2-player retro arcade machine, and a mini air hockey table
- We recommend players to have their own virtual reality station but for large parties, our arcade can accommodate 16 people
What if I want to stay longer than the booked period?
- Our VX staff is there to assist.
What games can I play in the arcade?
- You will have access to our full virtual reality gaming library.
What is the age limit?
- Virtual Xperience (VX) recommends ages 10 and over, but we are always willing to accommodate. Anyone under the age of 16 will require a parent/guardian signature on our waiver.
Do you accept corporate bookings or birthday parties?
- Yes, we do. Feel free to call or e-mail us at firstname.lastname@example.org for any inquiries.
How early should I arrive before my scheduled time
- We recommend arriving 10-15 minutes prior to your scheduled session.
Can I just drop in?
- At Virtual Xperience we are open to walk-ins during our regular hours (subject to our gaming station availability).
Is the equipment clean?
- To prevent the spread of bacteria, we use antibacterial wipes on our equipment after each session.
Will I walk into walls?
- HTC Vive will automatically project a blue/red hologram within your game allowing you to know you are close to the walls.
I wear glasses, do I have to take them off?
- Not likely- the HTC Vive headset allows enough room to fit an average pair of glasses within the system.
- For a guaranteed seamless and visual experience we recommend wearing contacts instead of glasses when playing.
Are there any physical limitations that would prevent me from participating?
- Be sure to consult your doctor before visiting Virtual Xperience if you have pre-existing serious medical conditions, conditions that affect your ability to safely perform physical activities, psychiatric conditions (such as anxiety disorders or post-traumatic stress disorder), or if you are pregnant or elderly.
What happens if I experience motion sickness?
- People may experience unexpected side effects during their VR session as with any motion-related entertainment. Therefore, if you feel sick or uneasy at any point during your session, we ask that you stop your session and notify Virtual Xperience VX staff immediately.